RIP: Remembering Those We Lost In 2021
2021 was a year like no other. We’ve lost some of the most influential entertainers, creators, and cultural icon’s this year. Those including Michael K. Williams, DMX, Biz Markie and Digital Underground’s Shock G; Cicely Tyson, Larry King, Greg Leakes, Black Rob,Young Dolph, Virgil Abloh and more.
Those that we have lost has made a huge impact on the world. There legacies will live on through their music, their art, and their influence. They will all be truly missed. May they all rest peacefully.
- Black Rob, 1968-2021: Bad Boy rapper best known for “Whoa”
- DMX, 1970 – 2021: Grammy-nominated rapper and actor.
- Suzzanne Douglas, 1957-2021: Actress, “The Parent Hood,” “When They See Us”
- Drakeo the Ruler, 1993-2021: L.A. rapper
- Anthony ‘A.J.’ Johnson, 1966-2021: Comedian, actor in “Friday” and “House Party”
- Kangol Kid, 1966-2021: “Roxanne, Roxanne” rapper with hip-hop group UTFO
- Larry King, 1925 – 2021: Longtime radio and cable TV host
- Gregg Leakes, 1955-2021: Husband of “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star NeNe Leakes.
- John Madden, 1936-2021: Legendary NFL coach for Super Bowl-winning Oakland Raiders, longtime football commentator
- Biz Markie, 1964 – 2021: “Just a Friend” rapper and actor
- Colin Powell, 1937 – 2021: Former chairman of the joint chiefs and secretary of state
- Cicely Tyson, 1924 – 2021: Oscar-nominated actress
- Michael K. Williams, 1966 – 2021: Actor, best known for his HBO roles in ‘The Wire’ and ‘Boardwalk Empire’
- Young Dolph, 1985-2021: Rapper whose real name was Adolph Robert Thornton Jr.